Welcome!

Chuck's Cowboy Shooting Blog is a simple little place where I log my activities in the world of Cowboy Action Shooting. I am new to this hobby, so I hope to grow in experience and wish to share any knowledge that I come across. This blog will also be used to share some of the rich history of the Old West that I come across. Enjoy!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Devil's in the Details

So, this week I recieved another order from the fine folks at River Junction Trading Co. Not much, but a few little things that really make a costume: the details!

First up is my bandana, a red silk bandana to be exact. It really adds a splash of color to an otherwise very brown costume. I also bought a Mexican Peso bandana slide, which I think is really classy looking and contrasts nicely with the red. Finally I bought my badge.

My character/alias, "Chuck Chambers," is a Deputy U.S. Marshal from Montana, so I got a Deputy U.S. Marshal badge. It's heavy metal, and really looks the part.

The only things left to complete my "basic" costume is a pair of boots and spurs. Those are on the list to get next month when I get paid.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. just found your blog and am enjoying it. Western lore is fascinating. Blogs are a lot of work. I hope you can continue to find time to post. By the way, the Battle of Lincoln story made me wonder about how many movies might have been made about these various events. "Left Handed Gun" and "Chisum" are 'based' on these events. I know Westerns aren't real history, but they might be helpful references to mention, along with historical disclaimers of course. Good luck with all your efforts.

    ReplyDelete